News & Announcements
What is PE'A?
Pasefika Empowerment and Advancement (PE’A), Inc. is a community organization focused on increasing college representation and career advancement for Pacific Islander communities in Hawaii by connecting them with the services and resources that matter most.
A healthy and thriving Pacific Islander community that is committed to social and economic justice.
Grounded in both indigenous and contemporary cultural ways, build the health and socio-economic capacity of Pacific Islander individuals, families, and communities through a commitment to higher education, entrepreneurial endeavors, and workforce development that position Pacific Islanders for the future.
"Tatā pea! Tatā pea! Le suāliu o lou va’a. Fa’atuatua e tutupu matagi i liu o va’a!"
Aumua Mataitusi Papalii Simanu
Navigating the Resources
PE’A strives to connect the Pacific Islander community in Hawaii with the resources they need. Our goal is not just to see our community survive, we want to help our community thrive.
Click on the icons to the left to find the resources that you need. If there’s something you need that you cannot find on our site, please click here to send us a message and we will contact you as soon as we are able.
- State of Hawai’i COVID-19 Portal | https://hawaiicovid19.com/
- Hawaii COVID-19 Multilingual Resources | https://hawaiicovid19.com/resources/#multilingual-resources
- Institute of Human Services Hawaii | 808-447-2800 | https://ihshawaii.org/
- Salvation Army | 808-440-1800 | https://hawaii.salvationarmy.org/hawaii/coronavirus-get-help
- The Legal Clinic (TLC) Cares | 808-468-1515 | https://thelegalclinichawaii.org/cares/
- Catholic Charities | 808-521-4357 | https://www.catholiccharitieshawaii.org/programs-services/
- Hawaii Public Health Institute | https://www.hiphi.org/covid19/#covid19info
- State of Hawaii Department of Human Services | https://humanservices.hawaii.gov/provider-vendor-covid-19-information/
- Legal Aid Society of Hawaii Marshallese Resources | https://www.legalaidhawaii.org/marshallese-resources.html
- Legal Aid Society of Hawaii Kosraen Resources | https://www.legalaidhawaii.org/kosraean-covid-resources.html
- Legal Aid Society of Hawaii Chuukese Resources | https://www.legalaidhawaii.org/chuukese-resources.html
- Legal Aid Society of Hawaii COVID-19 Legal Help | https://www.legalaidhawaii.org/covid-19-legal-help.html
- Click here to complete a Legal Aid Society of Hawaii Online Intake
Here is a basic list of COVID-related resources. If there’s a resource you need that you don’t see here or you’d like to share a resource for our list, please click here to send us a message and we will respond as soon as we are able. (Last Updated: 12/05/2020)
Free COVID Testing/Public Health Clinics
- Kalihi Palama Health Center: 808-381-7009 | http://www.kphc.org/covid-19-information/
- Kokua Kalihi Valley Comprehensive Family Services (96819 focus): 808-791-9410 | https://www.kkv.net/
- Koolauloa Health Center: 808-293-9231 | https://www.koolauloachc.org/
- Wahiawa Health Center: 808-622-1619 | https://www.wahiawahealth.org/
- Waianae Coast Comprehensive Health Center: 808-697-3170 | https://www.wcchc.com/Contact
- Waikiki Health Center: 808-699-7180 | https://waikikihc.org/
- Waimanalo Health Center: 808-259-7948 | https://waimanalohealth.org/
- John A. Burns School of Medicine: 808-692-1310 | https://tmclinicallab.jabsom.hawaii.edu/lab-services/request-testing/
Isolation/Quarantine Hotel, Food, and Misc. Personal Items
- Hawai’i Cares (HI CARES): 808-832-3100 | https://uhphac.sjc1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_83cFDZvrLz53hrf
Mental Health Assistance
- Mental Health America of Hawai’i | 800-753-6879 OR text “Aloha” to 741-741 | https://mentalhealthhawaii.org/
Housing & Utilities
Here is a basic list of housing assistance resources. If there’s a resource you need that you don’t see here or you’d like to share a resource for our list, please click here to send us a message and we will respond as soon as we are able.
- State of Hawaii Rental Assistance | https://www.hihousinghelp.com/#apply
- Aloha United Way (AUW): 211 | https://www.auw.org/covid-19-assistance-programs
- Hoʿāla Assistance Program: 808-596-8155 | https://www.hawaiiancouncil.org/hoala
- HCAP Kumuhonua Transitional Living Center: 808-682-5494 | https://www.hcapweb.org/kumuhonua-transitional-living-center/
- Family Promises Hawaii: 808-466-4241 | https://www.familypromisehawaii.org/covid19
- Landlord Engagement Program (LEP): 808-380-8704 | https://www.partnersincareoahu.org/lep-financial-assistance
- Catholic Charities Hawaii: 808-521-4357 | https://www.catholiccharitieshawaii.org/programs-services/ AND https://www.catholiccharitieshawaii.org/programs-services/housing-homeless-solutions/
- The Institute of Human Services Housing Help: 808-447-2800 | https://ihshawaii.org/services/housing-help
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) | 808-521-4531 | https://humanservices.hawaii.gov/bessd/liheap
- HCAP LIHEAP | 808-696-4261 | https://www.hcapweb.org/low-income-home-energy-assistance-program-liheap/
Here is a basic list of food-related resources. If there’s a resource you need that you don’t see here or you’d like to share a resource for our list, please click here to send us a message and we will respond as soon as we are able.
- The Hawaii Public Housing Authority’s Meal Assistance for Seniors | 808-832-4696 | https://www.oha.org/wp-content/uploads/HPHA-Revised-Contact-letters-081420-final-Community-Fillable32.pdf (This is a fillable form that needs to filled and printed)
- One Oahu Food Distribution Page | https://www.oneoahu.org/food-resources
- Aloha Harvest | https://alohaharvest.org/
- KKV CS’Ai Boxes | https://www.kkv.net/csai
- Mākeke Wai’anae, a Farmers’ & Green Market | https://www.facebook.com/makekefarmers/
- Hawaii Foodbank, COVID-19 Food Assistance Information | 808-836-2272 or 808-836-3600 (main numbers)
- Interactive Map to Food Assistance Programs | https://hawaiifoodbank.org/help/
- We Are Oceania (WAO) | 808-754-7303 | https://www.weareoceania.org/
- Palama Settlement | 808-848-528 | https://www.palamasettlement.org
- HCAP Kalihi-Palama District Service Center | 808-847-0804 | https://www.hcapweb.org/kalihi-palama-district-service-center/
- Help is on the Way – Free Food Delivery | https://hihelpisontheway.org/delivery-service/
Additional Resource Links
Here are additional community-based resource links. If there’s a resource you need that you don’t see here or you’d like to share a resource for our list, please click here to send us a message and we will respond as soon as we are able.
- Hawaiʻi Business Pivot Grant | https://www.hawaiibizpivot.org
- Hawaii People’s Fund | https://www.hawaiipeoplesfund.org/
- HIEMA | https://hawaii-medical-alliance.myshopify.com/pages/qualification
(Personal protective equipment and hand sanitizers for Churches)
Meet Our Community Partners
Check back soon for more information and links to our amazing community partners!
Contact PE'A Hawai'i
Thank you for visiting our website. If you’re interested in volunteering with PE’A, would like to share resources, or have any additional questions please reach out to us using the contact form below. One of our members will reach out to you as soon as they are able.